Sunday 26 February 2017

Bad mother vs good mother



Leo wakes up at 5:30 wanting to go to the loo. I mumble something about having a nappy on, so it’s fine, just make a wee. But he insists. After a restless night and way too little sleep the last thing I feel like doing is getting up, if I don’t really have to, I mean he has a nappy on… but he is in the process of potty training and slowly starting to get the feeling of when he needs to go, running to the loo shouting “Come quick. Weewee is coming out” So the good mother on my left shoulder flicks the bad mother on the right saying get your lazy ass up out of bed and take your son to the loo.

So that’s what I do, and he is sooo proud of himself.

Then a few minutes later, he gives me this funny look of indignation, lifting his arms in that questioning-type shrug “I need to weewee again ?” 

Too funny for words.

(Not  sure when I actually wrote this - probably sometime in 2013. )