Monday 18 July 2011

Ups and Downs



Over the years I have learnt that it is precisely the downs in life which help make you stronger, wiser and more appreciative of what you have. And its the ups in life that pull you through the downs. The ups are the light at the end of the tunnel. They are what make you hold your head high and move forward.  

And when you close your eyes they are the things you will see.

So when 5 o'clock rolls round and the the kids are both screaming, or I get woken up at 2 am, 3 am and then again at 5 am or Lucca joins us in bed and sticks his cold feet down my PJ's...I close my eyes and see their angelic faces as they sleep, hear their infectious laughter as we play and see the love in their smiles and feel the gratitude in their hugs and kisses.


Then I remember "This to shall pass". 

Thank goodness nothing lasts forever and you can always count on change.