Tuesday 23 August 2011

Just 15 minutes, peeez

I'm happy and perhaps even, in a weird way, a little proud of myself that my kids seem to love spending time with me. This must mean they like me, right, which is a great thing cause that means they'll stick around even when they outgrow needing me. 

I've always thought it's one thing to be loved by your children but another if they like you too. 

And God knows I like my kids. Just like any parent, I think they are the coolest brightest most loving kids in the world and I love spending time with them.  I love reading with them, building puzzels, making playdough snakes and snails, even rough housing on the couch. I love hearing them laugh over the smallest, silliest things. I love when Lucca gets so excited he can't help but babble away and I love trying to figure out what it is that Leo is trying to tell me.

But sometimes, just sometimes I hear a voice screaming in my head "Just give me 5 minutes of peace and quiet...please..."

Of course there are moments in the day when they become engrossed in one thing or another, but there are two of them, they are boys and one of them is under 2 so you guessed it, it never lasts long.

That leaves me with two options... wait till they go to bed or seek refuge in the shower. 

But how many showers can you take in a day so maybe I should consider putting myself in a time out.